Sunday, January 29, 2012

Our new arrival

There's nothing like a new baby to prompt you to pick up a blog you haven't posted in for over a year. So here she is: Audrey, just born two weeks ago and a really sweetheart with poochy cheeks.

Things are not quite crazy yet, because Audrey sleeps all the time, so that sense of double-demand has yet to befall me. Alison is taking the new baby like a champ and started heavily investing in bathing and diapering her baby doll, as well as taking all of Audrey's diapers out of their basket and strewing them around the house...and then finding them all and putting them back in (sometimes). "Alison kiss/hold her?" and "I see her?" are common questions, and she has made up a song that she plays on the piano, the lyric of which is "Audrey is a great baby"...I think. So all is calm so far. The true sleep deprivation has yet to strike, and Pancho  goes back to work tomorrow (yikes!) so Alison's morning playmate will for the first time be gone. That scares me.

I'm surprised how easy it is to love two just as much as I loved one. There is no diminishing or competing in my heart or a sense that I have a favorite. They are both my favorite, both my girls, my pies of cuteness. I am so thankful for that.

No comments: